Help Us Spread the Word
Be an advocate for sports safety. The STOP Sports Injuries Campaign needs your assistance to help us spread the word. Below is a list of potential outreach opportunities for all STOP Sports Injuries Campaign supporters to help raise public awareness and educate their communities about sports safety.
Spread the Word
- Use social media. Become a "fan" of the STOP Sports Injuries Campaign Facebook page and post messages about sports safety. Follow the STOP Sports Injuries Campaign on Twitter to keep up on the latest news and "Tweet" when you have timely information to share. Tell others to do the same.
- Relate a "personal story" to AOSSM about an athlete, parent, or coach that conveys a compelling message about youth sports injury or prevention.
- Share your ideas for future educational tip sheets with the campaign at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend or speak at appropriate meetings or conferences, mentioning the STOP Sports Injuries Campaign and explaining how to get involved.
- Turn the STOP Sports Injuries Campaign information into an article for your practice's newsletter.
- Create and post an online STOP Sports Injuries petition or pledge urging your website visitors to support the campaign.
- Post a link to the STOP Sports Injuries Campaign website on your website or directly link to certain pages of relevant information.
Use the Media
- Provide local media with the STOP Sports Injuries Campaign press releases and media materials.
- Call your local paper's sports reporter or health/wellness reporter
- Call the local radio stations/morning shows.
- Relate a "personal story" to the local media about an athlete, parent, or coach that conveys a compelling message about youth sports injury or prevention.
- Use STOP Sports Injuries messages and fact sheets to create customized STOP Sports Injuries messages/talking points to include in all of your media interviews, press releases, and outreach efforts—regardless of their topics.
- Create and distribute letters to the editor of local newspapers that link campaign messages to recent local events or happenings.
Share Materials and Information
- Hand out materials to interested people in your community, including patients, peers, friends, local athletic teams, coaches, parents, and athletes.
- Partner with others in your local medical community, such as physical therapists and athletic trainers, to host informational sessions on sports injuries for area youth sports teams.
- Use your personal or practice website and blogs to distribute STOP Sports Injuries information and post STOP Sports Injuries fact sheets.
Send suggestions to Lisa Weisenberger at email@example.com.